Vanessa’s experience is borne from a 25 year corporate career predominantly in IT and banking operations. Vanessa has previously held roles such as Head of Business Management, Head of Governance as well as Chief Operating Officer in IT for a leading bank. During her corporate career, Vanessa has worked and reported directly to CEO’s, CIO’s or senior board members. Vanessa completed her corporate education at Chicago Booth Business School by participating in their highly acclaimed Accelerated Development Programme. To find out more about Vanessa from a Corporate perspective, please visit her LinkedIn profile.
Vanessa has been recognised by a number of award bodies for her corporate career & contribution towards female empowerment:-
- Named by the Evening Standard as one of their Progress 1000, a list of influential Londoners – Sept 2015
- Winner of the RBS Focused Women Prometheus Award for services to gender (WeAreTheCity) – April 2015
- Named by GQ as one of the top 100 most connected women in the UK – Oct 2014
- Named as Brummels Top 30 female entrepreneurs in the City – Sept 2014
- Named as 1 of 50 influential women in the UK by Good Housekeeping Magazine – Nov 2013
- Presented with the UK award for female leadership by Womensphere – March/Oct 2013
- Named as Brummels Top 30 women in the City – Nov 2012
- Named as TIAW – Top 100 women leading female economic empowerment – Oct 2012
- Named as one of Financial News’ Top 100 Influential Women in Finance in EMEA – Nov 2011-Nov 2011
- Awarded a place in the 2011 International Alliance for Women Global Top 100 Awards
- Named as one of Financial News’ Top 100 Rising Stars in EMEA – Dec 2010-Dec 2011
- Awarded Champion for Women 2011 at the Women In Banking & Finance Awards 2011
Vanessa has also judged over 20 different awards and now runs her own annual awards programme through WeAreTheCity (Rising Stars) which celebrates the achievements of Women under a senior management level. Through these awards Vanessa’s intention is to help raise the profile of 500 future female leaders over the next 5 years.
Vanessa also sits on the board of Cancer Research Women of Influence.
Vanessa left her corporate position in 2013 and now dedicates her time to her family, charities, social enterprises, youth initiatives, speaking engagements as well as running her WeAreTheCity.com, WeAreTheCityJobs.com & WeAreTheCity.in.
In October 2013, Vanessa published her first book, Heels of Steel which tracks her 25 year corporate career and imparts tips aimed at future generations of corporate workers as to how to survive and thrive in the corporate world, for more information on Heels of Steel or to purchase a copy, please visit Amazon.