During 2011 Vanessa launched her “1000′s Miles for 1000′s of Smiles” charity initiative, which also included travel to Mwansa, Tanzania to work in an orphanage.
The “1000′s Miles for 1000′s Smiles” initiative involves her either running or walking for charity as part of a series of organised events or visiting other countries to work with Children within schools.
Events/global visits completed to date:
- The Gherkin Vertical Mile Dash for the NSPCC– March 2011
- The Bluebell 5 Miler for the Wildlife Assocation – May 2011
- Race for Life 5k for Cancer Research – May 2011
- The Caledonian Challenge – 54 miles over 24 hours raising over £5,000 for Scottish Communities – June 2011
- 1 Week in Orphanage with 4 mentees teaching financial skills & pre school in Mwansa, Tanzania, Nov 2011 raising over £7,500, launching a Micro Finance facility, re-furbishing the Cheka Sana Street School & putting 1 boy through his education
- Ran the Virgin London Marathon for Wellbeing of Women raising over £4,500 – April 2012
- Ran the Bluebell 5 Miler For the Wildlife Society – May 2012
- Donated £1200 to Little Havens from Pearly Kings and Queens Crowning – May 2012
- Ran the Halsted 5 Miler for Little Havens – May 2012
- Ran the Great Baddow 10 Mile for Little Havens – May 2012
- Ran the Southend Half Marathon for Little Havens – June 2012
- Launched Selfridges Roof Gardens for donation for £2,500 to St Bartholmews Hospital – One Stop Breast Cancer Unit – June 2012
- 1 Week working in schools in Bangalore and Mumbai as part of 100 miles for 100 Smiles – April 2013.
To date (Jan 2012-2013) I have raised over £20,000 for my various supported charities.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all my supporters for their generosity. Please bookmark this page if you wish to check on my progress or donate to any of my causes.
- If you wish to donate your contribution to the NSPCC to help them provide much needed support services to kids, click here
- If you wish to donate your contribution to Little Havens, an Essex based cancer hospice for Kids, click here
- If you wish to donate your contribution for Cancer Research to help them find a cure for Cancer, then click here
- If you wish to donate your contribution for Refuge, a charity that supports families and children affected by domestic violence, click here
- If you wish to donate your contribution for Forever Angels Baby Home, a Tanzania based baby home mostly caring for babies with HIV, click here
- If you wish to donate your contribution for Wellbeing of Women to help them fund research in to many female health issues, then click here
- If you wish to donate to the Angelus Foundation, a charity that is trying to educate about the dangers of legalised highs, click here